1. Name: Hydroxypropyl Methyl Cellulose(HPMC,MHPC)
2. Other Name: Cellulose hydroxy propyl methyl ether; Cellulose hydroxypropyl methyl ether Hyprolose.
3. CAS Registry Number:9004-65-3
4. Composition and chemical structure:
6. Physical Properties:
1) Appearance: Appearance: white or off-white powder , odorless and flavorless.
2) Particle sizes: 100% pass rate in 80 mesh.
3) Carbonization temperature: 280-300℃. Color change temperature: 190-200℃
4) Apparent density: 0.43-0.50 g/mL (usually about 0.5 g/mL),specific density 1.26-1.31mL.
5) Surface tension: 42-56 dyn/cm (2% aqueous solution with 25 ℃).
6) Solubility: soluble in cold water, glacial acetic acid, ethanol, methanol and propylene glycol, slightly soluble in acetone depending on the degree of substitutions, The solution of HPMC has surface activity, high transparency, and stable performance. When heated at certain temperature, the solution becomes cloudy or forms flocculent gel. However, the solution becomes clear again after cooling. Different types of HPMC have different gelation temperatures. The solubility varies with the viscosity. The lower the viscosity, the higher solubility it has. The properties have differences with different types of HPMC and the solubility in water of HEMC is not affected by PH.
7) The higher methoxy content in HPMC, the lower gelation temperature, and the higher solubility in water and surface activity.
8) HPMC has some other characteristics, for example, thickening property, PH stability, retention of water, excellent film-forming property, good disperse and adhesion ability.
1) Architecture industry
A. HPMC is used as water-retaining-agent in all kinds of compo materials, such as mortar, plaster, putty powder and other adhesive materials. It enhances the spread ability and the pump ability, lengthens the operable time of the wet materials.
B. HPMC is used as adhesive for tiles, marbles, plastic ornaments and plaster tone. It also reduces the dosage of cement.
C. The water retention property of HPMC leads the pulp not to dry too quickly, avoids crackings after spreading, and enhances the intensity of the coating.
2) Paint industry
HPMC is used in paint industry as thickening agents, dispersing agents and stabilizers. It has good intermiscibility with water or organic solvents.
3) Printing and ink printing
HPMC is used in printing ink industry as thickening agents, dispersants and stabilizers.
4) Plastic industry
HPMC is used in plastic industry for forming release agents, softeners, lubricants and so on.
HPMC is also widely used in the leather and paper industries, fruit and vegetable fresh-maintaining and textile industry and so on.
8. Packing, storage and transport:25kg package in PE Bags.